Friday, October 28, 2011

Go Green and Buy Shoes.

Happy Friday!!! Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday, I sure am.  I've been on the hunt for new cream or light pink flats and finally bought some today!!! Kelly found them and thought of me, (she knows I've been on the lookout) it was perfect timing.  Look to left, there are my new beauties. Sigh...there is just SOMETHING about shoes that make me so dang happy. 

Next on the list....I made/created a burrito inspired veggie bowl.  It turned out fantastic, that is...if you like veggies, you will love this.


Ingredients: 
1 red potato (mind you, this was for one person, make 2 potatoes if there are 2 people etc)
1 zuchinni (1 diced tomato--I forgot, it was late, I was hungry)
1 head of broccoli
7 asparagus
1 slice of mozzarella roll
1/2 avocado
3 tablespoons of  Verde salsa
sprinkle of Parmesan

Saute all your greens together with a bit of olive oil in the pan. Let those cook down while you slice up your avocado, mozzarella, and red potato. Make sure to microwave your potato for 1-2 mins prior to slicing it.  Once sliced, put a little bit of VEGETABLE oil in a pan, sprinkle with black pepper, and cook your red potato.  Do NOT mix up vegetable oil with olive oil, you do not want slimy potatoes. I've done this, it tastes terrible to mix them up.  

Once everything is sauteed and cooked, toss them in a bowl, put a bit of Parmesan on top for a little zing of flavor, and use a hefty amount of Verde salsa. It gives it a great kick. It was a delicious veggie filled burrito bowl.  I would definitely add some black beans next time, but all of the veggies hit the spot, I think I needed a vitamin boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment