Happy Friday everyone! Now this (see below) is how you start a Friday off right at work! Cinnamon twist glazed doughnut and a mocha, booya! I felt I deserved a sweet treat after my butt kicking work out last night.
Here are a few of my Friday favorites, in no particular order. Hope everyone is enjoying their day, and if you live in the Portland Metro area you are soaking in the sunshine!!!
1. The books Brent ordered from Amazon showed up early!!! Hello "Inheritance", I can finally indulge. Of course I have him order me the MOST nerdy thing out there while he's picking out books like, "Tipping Point", "Freakanomics", you know...riveting page turners.
2. Sail boat paintings. I can't get enough of them. They are so peaceful and beautiful, yet adventuresome. I always think, you could float off anywhere you like in a boat like that....I can't wait to sail someday. In the mean time, I am going to attempt a sail boat painting of my very own! I'll let you know how that gem turns out.
3. Downton Abbey. It's a PBS masterpiece that is on Netflix right now. Not only is this well written and proper, but extremely interesting and entertaining! I'm a huge fan of historical movies, books, etc....so this show is right up my alley. Brent is a good sport and watches it with me. But, I must say he is learning a lot about the English aristocracy/royalty of the 20th century. P.S. Maggie Smith (Professor McGonagall from HP) plays a fantastic cantankerous beezie. She's sassy and grouchy, but proper while doing it.
4. Mangoes. I think I've had a mango each day this week for lunch. I can't get enough of them. Their flavor takes me back to the warm summer sunshine, the smell of Maui....plus they have quite a bit of potassium and other healthy vitamins that are good for our bodies!
5. Hanging ab crunches. When I say "favorites" this falls into the Love/Hate favorites. I hate how bad they hurt while doing them, but I Love the results. I've been doing 4 sets of 25-30 two or three times and week and I can definitely tell the difference. I'm working up to 4 sets of 50. I'm at least 2 weeks out from that! Yikes. If you're wanting a change up in your ab routine this is a full proof exercise, trust me...it burns...but works!