Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Favorites

Friday has finally arrived. I felt like it took two full weeks to get here, but nonetheless, it's here. The only thing getting me through today is knowing that I can leave work at 11:00am (we're on summer hours). I won't know what to do with myself when I leave...free time, what's that? 
I wan to wish everyone a fantastic Memorial Day weekend. Please remember why this great Nation has this holiday and thank a Veteran, freedom is not free my friends. In the in the mean time, here are some of my favorite things...hope they get you through the rest of your day! xoxo


My favorite ecard for the week: courtesy of Kelly, who found this yesterday and sent it to me...it rang true for oh so many reasons. The ecard says it is all. I believe more than a few people deserve a medal this week, kudos to you for making it through!!! 



My favorite recipe/appetizer idea for the week: Guess who wants to try this tomorrow? Me! I think it will have the perfect balance of sweet and salty. Dipped grapes in caramel and then finished with crushed peanuts, hello new favorite snack. 




Favorite poster quote of the week: I'm in the middle of so many books at the moment...I have had this very though multiple times this week. Am I the only one that wishes she could snuggle up with a bottle glass of wine and read the day away?



Favorite person: Not just favorite of the week, favorite all the time...all day every day. I know this may sound a bit obsessive, but really it's not that weird when you're bff's with a Princess, excuse me, Duchess. Just LOOK at her.


Again, favorite person: Sorry, I could only choose one. I know the point of "friday favorites" is to post MULTIPLE favorite things, but she takes up so much favoriteness (is that word?) that she gets more than one picture. If you were this stunning you would deserve more than more picture on a Friday blog post too. P.S. This dress is one of my absolute favorite outfits she's worn...I texted her a few weeks back to borrow it, still no response, guess she's not into sharing with commoners?




I can't be held responsible for future posts of her. If it's wrong to post multiple pictures of someone you love that you don't know is wrong, I don't want to be right. This picture says it all, classic beauty, grace, elegance...I could go on and on...so gorgeous, well played Kate, well played. You give a girl a reason to wear a dress. 







Ok, final picture...for today. She's fun too, another reason we're bff's...she likes to do lots of 'activities'! Pretty sure our favorite color is the same too. NBD.



Favorite mug (from anthropology of course, yes I have the "K", Brent has the "B"): 1- I cannot survive a morning with out coffee, 2- I refuse to use boring mugs. Yes, I'm a mug snob. Not to be confused with mug shots. Would it count if there was Kahlua in my coffee, mug shot? haha. 



Favorite destination always: This photo looks extremely similar to the painting Brent and I bought in December of a Maui sunset so I daydream about the beach daily. Maui is magical, there's nothing like it. The air smells better, the breeze is softer, the days are sweeter. 



Favorite summer colors: The new essie colors...perfect for the summer season we're headed into. Yes I'm buying the hot pink, I can't be controlled on amazon. Online shopping is dangerous.  Proceed with caution...because I sure didn't this week, oops.

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Kate is georg. We are on summer hours too! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you love Princess Kate too! :-) Aren't summer hours great? I love that it made this weekend feel like a 4 day weekend!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh.... that grape snack? I MUST try it asap!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet and salty always hit the spot! Thanks for checking out my blog :)

      Delete