Thursday, September 1, 2011

Great Read!

I'm sure everyone out there has heard of "The Help", a great novel by Kathryn Stockett.  I first heard about it from my mom, which led to my sister, then a few blogs....so, needless to say I had to get my hands on it and see what all the fuss was about.  I saw Sherah last Friday, and luckily she owns the book and lent it to me, yay! I must say, the fuss isn't all for nothing.  This a great great read.  I can't put it down.  It sucks you in with humor, truth, and prejudice I still can't quite wrap my head around. It's heavy, don't get me wrong.  But, that's part of why I love it so much.  Prejudice, slavery, and mistreatment of other humans is NOT to be taken lightly, nor is it a "light" and simple issue.  I encourage everyone to read this.  I'm only only page 150 and I already have a strong attachment to the story and what it stands for. P.S. Only a few days more, and DUCK FOOTBALL is back!!! Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book as well! I still haven't seen the movie because my friends went the day it came out and I was out of town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! I'm almost done, and can't put it down...I hate having to leave it alone while at work, at least I can read at lunch! lol, I haven't gotten to see it either, my mom, sister, and girlfriends got to it before me too!

    ReplyDelete