Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Game Day

Wednesdays are good.  You know why?  It means that there are only two more work days left until freedom.  I'm trying to stay perky today and keep my eye on the prize (the weekend)...but I'm extremely sleepy!  This week has been busy...I am either working out each night, having b-ball practice/then working out, basketball game/and then working out...it's a rigorous week! Normally I would slack a LITTLE bit on the work outs with basketball events EVERY night of the week...but I'm training for the Shamrock Run. The only tough part about the training is getting up early on Saturday mornings to run.  The runs are not extremely hard, it's just the mental hurdle, the thought of waking up early on a weekend...that is what gets me.  I value my sleep, and I love sleeping in.  Needless to say, I get really grumpy about waking up early, when I COULD sleep in, and instead I'm running.  THAT is my battle.  Once I'm actually running, it's not bad at all.  It's just the song and dance leading up to the run. Booo. 

The 5th graders I'm helping coach have a game today! It should be a competitive game.  We play Canby and I think they are beatable.  I guess we will find out one way or another! Last night at practice we worked on, getting open and in-bounds passing.....let's just say......it wasn't pretty last game.  I will up date later on the final score, cross your fingers for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment