Tuesday, April 5, 2011

No Sleep Tuesday.

Last night I had a sub par experience.  The FIRE ALARMS were going off at 3am!!! To top it off, Brent was on his FIRST shift at the Fire Department! Ironic right? It wasn't funny at 3am while frantically running around trying to figure out if I was going to burn alive in my house, or if it was a false alarm.  Funny, FALSE alarm.  I'm still not amused today because it interrupted my sleep and now my eyes are burning and I have a head ache. Boooo. So much for getting good sleep. 

So, in order to aide my grumpy mood I decided to paint my fingernails at lunch.  Some people use food to perk them up, I use nail polish. I must say, this sparkly color has to be one of my best polish purchases to date. It's fantastic, and it's helping my mood.  I'd say I've moved from a 4 to a 5.5 on the happiness scale.  Now all I need is a nap. 

To continue my theme of making myself more happy today despite my lack of sleep...I've been reminding myself Brent and I got a new bed set.  It should be delivered this week!!! I needed a change, and...the new bright, crisp, beautiful whites will probably inspire me to paint our bedroom a lovely stone gray. That is, if it ever warms up enough for me to open the windows for more than 2 minutes at a time. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment